Well, on reaching 100,000 points I was invited here to the Silver Star HOF by Kathy Clulow and here I am. $100,880 points ago I began blogging here, not to earn points or money, and not even to make friends, but to vent. I already had a WordPress blog, and I didn’t have any time anyway. I just wanted to see if anyone else had been scammed by a certain thing going around, and I found Active Rain on a Google search. I registered, but I wouldn’t make a comment for 6 months and I wouldn’t make a blog entry for almost a year. I started blogging consistently after being a member over a year. What’s happened in the interim? If I knew what was in store, I would have started earlier. My blogging and Internet efforts have yielded the following results in the past year:
- Appeared on ABC World News on May 27, 2009.
- Gotten 4 clients’ homes on CNBC’s On the Money program
- Appeared in 2 AP stories on the housing market
- Appeared twice in the Real Deal, a NY real estate publication
- Gotten 2 clients on the front page of the NY Journal News, paper of record for Westchester, Rockland and Putnam Counties (total population 1.4 million+)
- Numerous referrals from around the USA from fellow AR members
- Dozens of inquiries from consumers who found me on a Google search in one of my niches.
- Referred out one of Manhattan’s very first successful short sales to the great (and recently engaged) Eileen Hsu, whom I met right here on Active Rain (where else?), which will close in the coming week.