I should eclipse 100,000 points with this post, exactly a year after I began blogging in earnest. While I’ve certainly had my light periods, in the past 12 months I’ve made some good friends and made money as well. How has Active Rain helped me to get “found?” Let me count the ways:
- Appeared on ABC World News on May 27, 2009.
- Gotten 4 clients’ homes on CNBC’s On the Money program
- Appeared in 2 AP stories on the housing market
- Appeared twice in the Real Deal, a NY real estate publication
- Gotten 2 clients on the front page of the NY Journal News, paper of record for Westchester, Rockland and Putnam Counties (total population 1.4 million+)
- Numerous referrals from around the USA from fellow AR members
- Dozens of inquiries from consumers who found me on a Google search in one of my niches.
- Referred out one of Manhattan’s very first successful short sales to the great (and recently engaged) Eileen Hsu, whom I met right here on Active Rain (where else?), which will close in the coming week.
Just about all of these things have been either a direct or indirect result of my blogging. Blogging costs nothing but my time, and would be gratifying if none of the above happened, so this is all quite good.
Very, very good!